When you are looking for a high yield and absolute cultivation freedom, the MONDO® Grow Box XL is what you need. This mushroom grow box contains high quality and sterilized substrate.
The MONDO® Grow Box includes : Sterilized Substrate, Liquid Culture, Syringe, Alcoholswaps, and a Grow bag.
4567890 Item Items
Warning: Last items in stock!
Mondo® Substrate Grow Box makes it possible to grow fresh mushrooms in a matter of weeks. The kit contains everything you need to start cultivation, you add the spores and you choose how to grow.
The Mondo® Grow Box contains an improved PF TEK or BRF substrate in an container with injection port. Mondo® Grow Box, is the ultimate mushroom grow experience without the hassle of making substrate.
The Mondo® Grow Box contains 2100c c/ml of sterilized substrate. The injection port makes it easy to inject your mushroom spores. This way you can inoculate the Mondo® Grow Box with any spores you like.
• Spawn box with sterilized substrate 2100 cc
• Hypodermic syringe
• Liquid Culture
• Alcohol Swab
• An disinfected area to work
• Spores; a Ready to use Spore Syringe or Inoculated Liquid Culture vial
• Clean / Drinkable Water
• Waterspray / Misting bottle
You can choose your mushroom spores from a selection of spores vials we include to the product. The mushroom spores vials come with a 20% discount if bought together with the Mondo® Grow Box.
Why spore vials?
The spore vials are a unique way of handling spores, we prefer them over spore syringes for a few reasons:
• Non Static: no spores sticking to vail
• Easier to Handle
• Better shelf-life and storage
You can inject the spores in the Mondo® Liquid culture and let the spores germinate here. The mycelium grows in the Liquid culture vial. Using Liquid Culture will strengthen the mycelium, shortens the colonization time and gives a higher success rate.
Always store your substrate kit in a clean refrigerator ! We recommend to use the substrate kit as soon as possible. The kit can be kept under refrigerated conditions for up to 2 months.
Before you start. Make sure your work area is clean and sterile. Make sure there is no draft if you cultivate mushrooms.
Wash your hands and arms every time before handling the mushroom substrate kit with hand disinfectant or antibacterial soap. As extra protection use disinfected gloves and a face mask.
Let’s get started and do the first step: Inoculate the liquid culture. If you want to inject spores from a spore syringe directly you can skip this step and move on the “Inoculation of the Substrate kit”.
Wash your hands and clean the working area! .
1. Shake the spore vial or syringe very good to make sure all spores are floating.
2. Disinfect the injection site of the liquid culture and the spore vial or syringe with the alcohol swap.
3. Inject 2 ml of spore solution in the Liquid culture
Shake the inoculated liquid culture vigorously once a day every day for 10 days Store the inoculated liquid culture in a place between 23-27 degrees Celsius. The liquid culture is ready when you see a cloud floating in the suspension. This is mycelium..
Your Liquid culture is ready, It is called the Master Culture, if used and stored properly you can have lots of mycelium from only a bit of spores..
• If the liquid is murky, it means there is a contamination and the culture is unusable.
• If you don’t use the liquid culture for 10 days, store it in the refrigerator
Lay out all the materials you need on a disinfected work space. You will need:
• Mondo®Grow Box substrate bag
• Mushroom spore syringe or Liquid Culture with germinated mushroom spores,
• Inject the needle of the syringe into the port. Add 2-3 drops of mushroom spore solution in every corner of the substrate and in the middle of the mushroom substrate bag.
• A lighter or spirit burner
• Alcohol preps
• Disinfectant spray
Prepare your mushroom spore syringe with 5-10 ml of spore solution or use 25 ml of the Liquid Culture. This is enough spores to inoculate the Mondo® Grow Box substrate.
1. Locate the injection port on the substrate bag. Clean it with an alcohol prep.
2. Now get your spore syringe or Liquid Culture syringe and heat the needle, red hot, with a lighter to make it sterile. Let the needle cool off for a few seconds.
3. Inject the needle of the syringe into the port. Add all of the mushroom spore solution in the substrate kit.
4. Turn and Shake the kit 360 degrees in all directions , to spread the spore suspension.
5. Store the kit in a dark place with a temperature between 23-27 degrees Celsius.
After inoculation the mycelium will form and slowly grow over the substrate. This is the process of colonization.
To let the mycelium grow and colonize the substrate you must keep the Mondo® Grow Box in a dark space with a temperature between 23 -27 degrees Celsius.
After 3-5 days you will see the mycelium starting to grow from the spots were the spores were dropped. The mycelium looks like cotton and becomes more stringy while developing and colonizing the mushroom substrate.
It takes 2-4 weeks for the mycelium to colonize the substrate in the box. No empty spots of substrate should be left..
Wait an additional 5-7 days to make sure the inside of the substrate is colonized by the spores too. Now that mushrooms substrate is fully covered by the mycelium the kit is ready to be prepared for fruiting.
When the substrate is fully colonized the fruiting process can be started. It is time to grow mushrooms!
First wash your hands and clean up the work area.
Now get the mushroom substrate box:
• Open the corner of the lid and fill the grow kit with cold tap water until it’s full.
• Close the lid and let is soak in a cold place for 9-12 hours. This can be done in the refrigerator.
• After 9-12 hours drain all water out of the kit, by opening the lid a little and poor the water out.
• Add 150 ml of clean water to the grow bag (filter bag).
Put the prepared substrate in the fruiting bag. This bag forms your grow chamber.
• Mist the grow chamber to get the humidity up. Always spray against the sides of the fruiting bag, never on the substrate or mushrooms.
• Close the grow bag by holding the top a few times and fix it with a clip.
Pick a warm and bright spot for the kit. Do not put the grow kit in direct sunlight. Optimal temperature is 23 -27 degrees Celsius. Keep the fruiting chamber moist, by spraying water every 2 (two) days.
The first pins, micro mushrooms, can appear within several days and up to two weeks. Refresh the air 1-3 times a day by opening the grow bag, letting C02 out , and closing the bag with lots of fresh air inside.
When the mushrooms are mature harvest them for the collection of the spores or other use
Harvest the mushrooms once the caps of the mushrooms are almost fully open. Pick them with a slight twist, counter clockwise.
Re-hydrate by soaking the kit after the harvest to create a new flush of mushrooms.